Sunday, October 2, 2016

In Which I Contemplate Giving Up Pinterest

I want to be a fun mom.














You know the one--that mom who is always down on the floor playing dolls, or making up games to make cleaning fun (I'm looking at you, Danielle ;)).

But I'm just not. I am a good mom. I am supportive, kind, and responsible. My kids are always fed, their homework is usually done, and their rooms get mucked out once in a while. I read with and to them, teach them right from wrong, and love them until they are overflowing.














And I am completely stressed out by the Pinterest boards I have filled with crafts, games, activities, and pretend play that I will never, ever do with my kids. I continually add to the boards. And I sometimes look through them. And I don't do them.

I don't like to play dolls. Legos bore me to tears. And I never seem to have the right supplies for the complicated crafts my kids want to do.

I have always been able to entertain myself and I can't wrap my head around the fact that these little humans want to interact!

I'm asking for help. How do I add more "fun" into our days in small, simple, cheap, non-pretend-play ways?  I already know I'm putting too much pressure on myself. (When do I not?) I need practical ideas. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment