Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Rescuing Myself Day 1: Make My Bed Every Day

Yep, I'm starting out big--Ha! What I am doing is focusing on something that is small enough to fix easily, but large enough that it has been bothering me--my bed.

Having a husband who does shift work changes a lot of things about family life. Most of which I never saw coming.

One of the most surprising has been making my bed

This is what it looked like this morning:



Everything I have ever read/seen/heard/thought about homemaking says I should make my bed first thing--right away--no delay--as a good start to a productive day. Well, my husband is still asleep up to 3-and-a-half hours after I start my day. Not exactly according to plan.

It's a small matter, but one that has bugged me for a very long time. I adore the look and feel of a tidily-made bed. But I didn't want to put it at the end of my morning routine, so it never got done.

I'm sometimes stubborn like that.

But no more! As of today, this is what my bedroom will look like some time before lunch:



My new bed-making routine will look like this:
  • Pull back all the covers and turn on the fan when hubby get up.
  • Leave the bed open and the fan running for one hour (I will set an alarm on my phone because I know I will get distracted).
  • Use linen spray and make tidily at the end of my morning routine or when my alarm rings--whichever comes first.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! Day 1 done!


No comments:

Post a Comment